At this age children are interested in
the differences between boys and girls, naming body parts, where
babies come from, and friends and family. What areas of the body
are private and should not be touched and who they can talk to if
they are worried are also important.
Questions to help you understand what children want to learn
about are listed in themes below.
- Who is in my family?
- How are other families similar or different to
- What does my family do for me?
- What do I like about my friend?
- What does my friend like about me?
- What can other people do to make me feel
- Who do I look after?
- Why shouldn't I tease other people?
- Why are girls' and boys' bodies different?
- What do we call the different parts of girls' and
- Where do babies come from?
- How much have I changed since I was a baby?
- How are other children similar and different to
Keeping safe & looking after
- Which parts of my body are private?
- When is it OK to let someone touch me?
- How can I say 'no' if I don't want someone to
- Who should I tell if someone wants to touch my
People who help me
- Who can I ask if I need to know something?
- Who can I go to if I am worried about
questions for other age groups